26 October 2007

My Quick Take On The Southern California Wildfires

This was originally posted on my MySpace blog at 12:41 this morning. Hope those of you who are in the Southern California area, or who have family and friends there, are alive, well and safe, or that those near and dear to you are.

'Nuff said.

Be seeing you.


Well, within the past two days, have heard from my therapist and a very old and dear friend of mine, who live in Santa Monica and Los Angeles proper, respectively, via e-mail and telephone call that they and theirs are alive, well, and haven't needed to be evacuated due to the wildfires burning up a good piece of Southern California over the few days past.

There's one other old and dear friend and his family who live in the Long Beach area, from whom I've not heard, but am hoping that the situation's the same with him and his as with the other two I mentioned above.

Until I do hear from him, I won't know either way, but can only hope that he and his family are well and safe.

From what little I've been following about the fires, mainly via AP articles on Yahoo News and the LA Times, with some articles from the San Diego Union-Tribune and North County Register, while the winds are finally dying down and firefighters are getting a better handle on the situation, especially in the San Diego area, they are far from over, and it will probably take several more days before they are extinguished.

This will, unfortunately, come far too late for the 10 people, 3 of whom were burnt to death, and the other seven of whom died from other, fire-related causes, that have been reported so far.

I send my condolences to their families and friends, and my hopes to a safe return for the evacuees to their homes in the days to come.

Be seeing you.

No comments: