26 August 2007

Joke: New Doctor

My therapist sent me this in an e-mail to-day, and I pass it along to y'all for you to enjoy.

Hope you like it, and be seeing you.


I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and
exhaustive

lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
"Do you
think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink scotch, beer or wine?"

"Oh no," I replied. "I'm not doing drugs, either!"

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

I said, "No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very
unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,
hiking,
or bicycling?"

"No, I don't," I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No," I said.

He looked at me and said, "Then, why do you even give a shit?"

No comments: