04 August 2007

Last Post(Poem
Category: Writing and Poetry

This last piece, like the others before it, is inspired by an episode of "The Prisoner" I just saw on YouTube.

Who are the Warders,

And who are the Prisoners??

Who can tell the difference between old lags,

Fresh meat,

Old screws

And new screws???

Where is the Warden???

Who is the Warden???

Why does he or she do what he or she does???

In the end, we are prisoners,

We are all warders,

We look for the Warden, but he or she's a prisoner, too.

We are prisoners, if we allow ourselves to be.

Absolute freedom's a myth, but so's absolute slavery.

And, even Wardens yearn to leave their prisons,

Of Power,

Pomp

And Predictability.

Be seeing you.

07:11 - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove


Degree Absolute(Poem)
Category: Writing and Poetry

If I were in a small room,

With a man,

Hectoring, pleading, cajoling

With me, to tell who, what,

How, where, when

And WHY I know,

Do,

Say,

Breathe,

Live,

Die,

I don't know if I could

Avoid

Telling,

Telling,

Telling.

For, in Degree Absolute,

In interrogation,

In questioning,

In torture,

In simple conversation,

There is always the urge to tell all one knows, even if the other doesn't want to hear it.

I

Don't

Know

If

I

Would

Spill

Or

Not.

I've not been in those circumstances.

I hope I wouldn't, but I don't know.

One can never know,

Until one is in them.

Degree Absolute isn't just the province of small, locked rooms.

It can happen in the great outdoors, in broad day-light,

Where much of the horrors of this world take place.

Be seeing you.

07:02 - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove


Poem: Six
Category: Writing and Poetry

Six.

Six into Eight.

Six into Twelve.

Six into Eighteen.

Six,

Six,

Six.

Goes and goes as long and as far as it can go.

Until, it reaches its inevitable end, as do we all.

Six into negative six,

Six into negative twelve,

Six into negative eighteen.

Going, going, gone

Into far reverse, or is it opposite progress.

Towards a similar, if not same, end,

As its other.

Does it break?

Do I???

Do you???

Only time and circumstance can tell.

Six.

Why?

Six.

How?

Six.

Where?

Six.

When?

Six.

Who?

Six.

Zero.

Fini, Done, The End.

06:48 - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: